1. Internal Error occurred: Internal errors can be encountered due to a number of reasons but if you are getting an error message like ‘Lack of connectivity’, then make sure that internet connectivity is proper.
· Check connection: Switch off your router and modem and turn them on again after 15 seconds. This will refresh the connection.
· Reset your tablet: Hold the power button for 20 seconds until your fire tablet restarts. If you find no restart option on the screen, then click the power button again.
· Clear app data: If you are getting an internal error due to some app, then follow the steps to clear the app data of that particular app.
ü Open the flag menu from the top of the screen.
ü Click ‘More’.
ü Go to ‘Applications’.
ü Click on ‘Installed applications’.
ü Click to force stop it.
ü Click ok and clear App data.
ü Ensure that the date and time mentioned on the kindle fire are correct.
· Try registering the Amazon fire after unregistering it
· Open flag menu and click on ‘More’.
· Go to ‘My account’ and select ‘Deregister’.
· Once deregistered, click to register it again.
www kindle com support | kindle com support | Amazon Kindle Help